Friday, April 2, 2010

the sound of trickling water

I was turning a radio on for Tucker in the classroom so he could listen to music while he folded towels. Then I headed to the kitchen to get Rollin the snack he had been asking about for at least a half hour. As I approached the kitchen I could hear trickling water. Which could have been soothing under different circumstances. Then I began to hear Fynn, "Mommy? Mommy?" I quickly rounded the corner to see Fynn holding on to a tall glass that had become wedged in the automatic water dispenser of the refrigerator. He was holding on and trying not to get wet as the overflow ran down his arms and the front of the door. He was saying "sorry, sorry I'm sorry mommy". I Removed the glass and assured him that everything was okay and Rollin helped us to clean up the water Which took several full size bath towels.

No comments:

Post a Comment