Friday, August 20, 2010

Tucker Turns Seven





Okay, I will try to write something before the time slips away from me. Indeed yesterday was Tuckers seventh birthday. Thadeus and I stayed up past midnight decorating the house with streamers and balloons and I got a little carried away sewing a party banner. He was excited to wake and find the house prepared for his special day. Thadeus took him out for a special birthday breakfast where he gave him his first very own pocket knife. A camouflage single blade, Case knife. He came home to a couple more small gifts and played with his brothers and Thadeus while I prepared his birthday cake. He requested a white cake, with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. Around noon His friends John and Gabe came over and the fun began! We played a lot of impromptu party games and lucky for me Jenn was here to help with it all. Tucker and each of the boys received a new nerf gun but we only had one nerf dart for each of them. So we went outside to do the pinata. The boys loved hitting it and showing off their swings, finally it started to open and almost a hundred nerf darts fell to the ground. The last game of the day was freeze dance and everyone had a great time. Tuckers Nanna and Poppa came over for cake and Tucker opened his gifts from Aunt Jenn and and Liz and Pawpaw and opened some cards from friends and family. The day was kind of a blurr, with so many young people, so much excitement and so much energy. There are probably a million more details I could share about his party and about his day, but I'd rather say that Tucker is Amazing! He is turning into a young man right before my eyes. He is so bright and learns so quickly, he is athletic and energetic, he sings so sweetly when he thinks no one can hear. He is so eager for new experiences and new friends. He is very responsible and bold at the same time. Sometimes it is hard for me to see him separate from his brothers but when I do, i can see all that is good in him, and there really is quite a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment