Wednesday, November 28, 2012

things I said out loud today

"Why did you just punch him?"

"ummm actually those are large cinnamon sticks not blowguns"

"can you please stop tackling each other"

"I guess you don't have to, but if you play t-shirt tag and your not wearing underwear people might see your butt. Are you ok with that?"

"You guys ate everything I had for made for dinner, I can make you a peanut butter and jelly."

"No Tucker,  we are not making home made pepper spray!"

"who did this?"

"Why did you open a fourth box of cereal?"





I lost a little  piece of my soul tonight. The boys and I went to Lowes to buy a fake Christmas Tree.  It's not right, but it is pre-lit. It won't shed and I won't have to water it.  Still I am really disapointed with myself so to make up for it a little. To make myself feel like maybe I still have some Christmas spirit I bought "scentcicles". They are scented sticks you hang on your fake tree to make it smell like a real tree.  But before I decided to buy them I let the boys test them out. They all went down a side Isle and closed their eyes while I put one scentcicle on one of the many many trees that were on display. Then when I gave the signal they all began to sniff each and every tree in the long long row.  My little bloodhounds were diligent and Fynn paused at the right tree but in the end none of them could find the scentcicle. I bought them anyway.

1 comment: