Friday, January 9, 2009

Naptime sneak


During nap time today Tucker was on the top bunk, Rollin was on the bottom and Fynn and I were in his bed. I thought every one was asleep, in fact I was thinking to myself "everyone is asleep why am I still awake, i really should be asleep already". Then suddenly I heard the sound of some one trying to open the door, naah I thought, but then I heard it again. As i sat up tolook I saw a streak of tucker fall strait to the floor on the other side of the bed where he was out of sight. I looked up and sure enough his bed was empty. So i locked my gaze in his direction. I was sure that I would catch him in a stare as soon as he peeked up to check if I had seen him. Then I waited............ and waited................ and waited. Not a sound. He is good. It took everything I had not to laugh at this point. I was wondering what was going on in his little head, was he afraid? Just being silly? Then I started practicing my "caught you in a stare face". I looked at Fynn, he was sleeping peacefully right next to me. I looked up at Rollin, he was also completely at rest. I looked back toward tucker and saw the top of his head and his left eye,.....................for 1/8th of a second! Man he is fast! By then I was just tired and I knew he saw me so I whispered "Tucker"................................................... "Tucker".......................................a little louder, "Tucker!" and without showing himself i heard "yeah?". I actually think he was trying to throw his voice because it sure sounded like he was still up in his bed. "Get back in bed please" I asked. Without another word He scaled the ladder and plopped down on his bed. Nap time went on.

No comments:

Post a Comment