Friday, September 18, 2009

Muddy Mischief

Thadeus came home from work today not feeling well and needed to rest so I Sent the boys out to play. It has been raining for two or three days and the earth here is saturated. I hoped they would ride bikes in the driveway or play catch or something of that nature. Fynn wandered back in whiny and hungry so I fixed a snack and a cup of tea for me. We played a little and giggled and had a nice time with each other. Then I heard a noise from outside the bathroom window. I looked out to see Rollin, up to his elbows in mud and John boy trying to carry a tub of muddy water. They were shouting for Tucker to come and help. I watched them, unnoticed, while they sloshed and dragged the tub. Finally John left to get Tucker but Rollin did not leave the prized tub of filth. Shortly John and Tucker Returned. I'm not sure why but I was shocked to see that Tucker was also Covered in mud up to his armpits. I ran from window to window watching the three boys haul the tub toward the woods. I was lucky enough to snap a photo of the event! Now as I write this I can hear them out side. They still don't know that I have already seen their messy selves and are probably quite worried about my reaction. They have sent John to tell me that Tucker wants me, of course John did not get muddy. I must go now and decide on a method of cleanup.

No comments:

Post a Comment