Friday, March 19, 2010

Well Trained


Koda is sort of like my furry side kick. Rollin and I have lovingly nick-named her Koda Coyote because of her appearance. I often call her my fury ball of sunshine because she is always happy. Every morning when I let her out of her crate and feed and water her she is so excited she bounces around constantly checking in with me. She doesn't even begin to eat her breakfast until I walk out of the room. She follows me around through out the day while I do chores and tend to the children and sometimes she rests her head on my feet while I am washing dishes or sitting down to eat. A couple of months or so ago Thadeus and I noticed that when Koda began to bug the boys the would shout "call Koda" and of course we would call her to alleviate their frustration. Usually offering her a pat on the head when she came or maybe a small food treat if it was handy. The interesting part was that she picked up on their command. Now when the boys shout "call Koda" we don't actually have to call her she she retreats from them and comes to find one of us. This evening I was cleaning up the kitchen and Fynn called from the other room, "Mommy" I took my time and as I turned the corner I caught a glimpse of Kodas' rear end heading into the room where he was. She almost always follows me when I go to them if they call, but now she was ahead of me. She looked so proud when I walked in and she was already there checking on Fynn for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment