Sunday, July 31, 2011

My Memories

My memories as an old woman will not be of how tidy the living room was or how the kitchen floor shined on any particular day. I will not remember the condition of the beds, linens or clothes. I will not recall a sparkling bathroom. Nor will I remember these things undone. My memories will be the moments that filled in the time. Small voices, giggles, smiles and tears. I will remember the moments I spent face to face with my children, hand in hand and all around the kitchen table. I will remember the moments I paused and tried to freeze time with a sigh. I will remember moments where my only role was a distant onlooker of these little ones I love so much. My memories will be great, and I am making them now.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! your writings! You are so very beautiful and so is your family!!!

    ReplyDelete