Thursday, November 4, 2010

No time for reading

I have been waiting all day to read to the boys. It would seem Everyday I start out thinking I will read to them in the evening when things slow down a bit. But everyday when I mention it is time for a story they instantly break into an imaginary game of this or that and I find that I don't have the heart to stop it. Currently there is a battle between a Short Face bear (Tuck) and a Sloth (Fynn) and another Short Faced bear (Rollin). Every move is so carefully orchestrated, every sound is planned, intermissions occur only for rest or to plan the next act. It seems their imaginations are nocturnal. I suppose that means morning would be a better time to read and be still, but I somehow feel that it will still be a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment